We are obliged to draw your attention to the following;
- We will not sell alcohol to someone under 18 anywhere, and can lead to a maximum fine of £20,000 for staff/managers or premises may eventually be shut.
- We will not knowingly sell alcohol to someone is drunk.
- We will refuse any customer knowingly buy/get, or try to buy/get, alcohol for a drunken person on a licensed premises, e.g. a bar or club.
- We will not allow an adult to buy or attempt to buy alcohol on behalf of someone under 18*.
- We will refuse someone who is under 18 to buy alcohol, attempt to buy alcohol or to be sold alcohol.
We reserve the right to:
- Refuse the sale of alcohol to an adult if they’re accompanied by a child and think the alcohol is being bought for the child.
*It is not illegal for someone over 18 to buy a child over 16 beer, wine or cider if they are eating a table meal together in licensed premises. It is also not illegal for a child aged five to 16 to drink alcohol at home or on other private premises.